Saturday, May 24, 2014

It's never good to forget your path traveled!

Just got home this week from a whirlwind of reconnections and fellowship.  Last week I was so blessed to fly out to my alma mater, formerly known as Zion--now it is relocated to a new campus with a new name; Northpoint Bible College.  http://northpoint.edu/

Upon arrival, I was greeted with a brief time of fellowship with Dean Pat Gallagher;  he called a recent graduate Ian McCain to take me on a tour of the new campus.  It was impressive to see the new campus, their new location and yet still sense the same Spirit that I encountered while I was a student. After my tour, I was off to lunch with Assistant Academic Dean Helen Brouillette, and former classmate.  What an amazing woman she is and the students are definitely blessed to have Dean Gallagher and herself guiding and directing them with with Godly wisdom.

After lunch, Helen took me on a brief tour of the area and shared some American Mission History, which took place within a few blocks of the new campus--the connection to the vision and core values of the school was absolutely amazing. Sister Gibson, the founder of Zion, had such a powerful presence of God in her; it was evident she functioned with discernment & listened to the voice of God.  I do not believe that our new location is by chance; when you read about the history and have learned her heart for the school's future.  To know that this school was birthed with a vision of being, "the joy of the whole earth" is now nestled in the very town, where our nation's history of missions began is  NOT by chance--it holds significance!

Our nation's first missionaries were sent from this place,   Adoniram Judson, was one of the first missionaries sent from the U.S.A.  Northpoint's campus use to be known as Bradford College, where Ann Hasseltine Judson, graduated!!  Two weeks after her wedding she and Adoniram embarked on their first missonary trip to India and the following year they moved to Burma.



Also on my amazing journey back,  I was able to meet up with fellow students from my time:  Randy & Raelene Shibilo, Robert & Tammy Whitecotton along with a great evening spent with Jennifer Queen.

Then I was off  to reconnect with my home network, Ohio Ministry Network.  OMN 2014 was filled with some enthusiastic encouragement of conversations, and fellowships.  Celebrating one of  my colleagues Jan (Eric) Muzart was ordained this year. (Go Eurasia NW Ladies!) It was a blessing to fellowship with some wonderful missionaries Paul & Crystal Burkhart, Paul & Sharon Ellis, Bevan & Tia Haynes and so many others.


This was probably one of my most favorite OMN meetings, mostly because of the people who have impacted my life through the years, were there.  Thank you, Pastor John Wootton, Pastor Jim Palmer (who has been there every turn of the tide) they have been such an encouragement which has deeply touched my heart, faith & service.  It was wonderful to see Bro. Crabtree, who believed in my calling and gave the approval for my missionary journey.    I'm grateful for every department, for our leadership and most important for the genuine relationships that we are blessed to have in our network.  Jeffery & Heather Streets are my most amazing buddies!  I so appreciate Becky Garrett who always takes the time to meet up and chat--and for all she has pioneered into our children's ministries across our state--another amazing lady!  How can one express such gratitude with words that merely touch the surface and lack the depthness of matching emotion and truth.  Thank you OMN!  BTW I won the mini-ipad for Kidz Lithuania! (THANK YOU JEFFERY STREETS for registering me--I would have shared but this was a direct answer to Indre's prayers, in God meeting our technology needs)

No comments: