Saturday, November 14, 2015

Wild Wild West Tour

This past month and half I have been living in a rental car from city to city, guest homes to sometimes hotels to raise my last bit of monthly support.  Living on the road for over 2500 miles traveled this past month allowed for special time alone with the Lord.

This past month I have had numerous conversations with the young people in Lithuania and answering their questions about my return and also about their planned event with Teen Challenge this weekend.  I'm grateful not only for the young people on our ministry team but also for the comradery of our Assemblies of God Missionaries that serve in the Baltics.  Bob & Bette Sue MacIsaac have been my coordinators since I placed my foot in country.  They have been supportive, patient, kind and a good example of how we should stand together as a team.  Once again, they were there to help Kidz Lithuania minister to the families at Teen Challenge Kaunas.   Bette Sue is known to be a great cook, so she prepared a great american sloppy joe meal.  While Kidz Lithuania along with my dear friend Gita Navicigaite invested quality time into the lives of the adults and children at the center.

This past month two things I know deeply, I sure miss my life in Lithuania and the privilege to serve the people of Lithuania.  I miss my kids and I miss my dog Frenchie; this past month and a half is the longest we have been separated since she has been my puppy.  I'm grateful again for Chauncey & Debbie Riddle, alias Grandpa & Grandma to Frenchie they have americanized this puppy.  She has had a full American experience while we have been in the states and she has these two folks wrapped around her paw along with our entire neighborhood.  She has her daily routine including drives through the neighborhood so she can control the squirrel population. (In her mind)

This past month, the Wild Wild West in reality kept me focused on my heart home.  As a missionary We cannot afford to attach ourselves to any building to call home.  My home is when I'm living in the midst of those whom I love and have become my adopted family.  So while I drove through this 2500 mile maze I spent each mile by mile praying and seeking the Lord for His direction, His Help and simply listening to His Voice.

So now you can understand why this tour was so Wild, every day with the Lord is exciting.  May I add that last night I was serenaded by a drunk cowboy through the wall of my hotel room.  He began singing with his guitar at 2:30am and somewhere around 4:00am stopped singing.  Life on the road can be Wild but not more Wild than a life serving the Lord.

Please consider stepping out in faith and joining our team with monthly support $10 will make a difference.  You can do this right now electronically:   http://s1.ag.org/lithuania

No comments: