Saturday, October 3, 2015

In the Backyard of an Enemy

When I pray for the beautiful country of Lithuania, the place where I honestly call home.  My heart is filled with so many emotions.  First and mostly my heart sings with JOY when I hear how active our ministry team is; serving their local church.  Several are serving as leaders at missional points, feeding stations, and their local churches.  I can't believe that Indre & Mindaugas are adults now; and then we have Sima, Aukse & Milda who are in their last year of high school.  Though Agne, is no longer a part of our ministry team she will always have a special part in our hearts.  Each one so talented and faithful.   I have shared their stories.  What's exciting is that I have several more stories to share more children who are growing up.  They have been so faithful in serving since they were 12years old, I've been out of country now for quite some time but each week when I catch one or more online my heart is overjoyed in knowing the Lord is raising up an army of leaders humbling serving and he blessed me by allowing me to be a part of their lives.

As much as I'm overjoyed with what God is doing in their lives.  I'm also weighed down with the possibilities of another kind of Army invading this beautiful country.  Lithuania sits in the back yard of Russia.  Please know, I don't fear nations or even forms of government because I truly believe The Lord reigns and flourishes wherever there is someone who believes in Jesus.  My heart is heavy that there is a possibility that their nation could be occupied again.  Our sister church, Union of Pentecostal Church leaders have been faithful and strategic in evangelizing & church planting.  They along with these young people will face challenges that many of us know nothing about; for we have never faced personally such a battle.  Would you keep us all in your prayers?  Would you help me help them to face their giants? Support Sharon McCammon (on the bottom of the form is a link to support monthly if you would like)